Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mooncakes



This tiny little piece of sweetie called mooncake is so costly these days. Imagine paying near RM 50 for 4 pieces of mooncakes in a beautiful packing ! Imagine eating a tiny egg yoke stuffed into the tiny piece of mooncake at the price of RM 1 per egg yoke !
So I decided to give it a try this year.......by making my own mooncake ! With the recipes given by two friends, I have my first adventure. I cooked the red beans and make my first " tausah " or red bean paste. Then I make the dough to wrap this filling....and ......taaalaaaa , here's the red bean mooncake !Wow......that's fun , and that saves money. I can give my friends homemade mooncakes ! So the adventures go further with these Shanghai Mooncakes .


And now , the fun is......... we say we will make mooncakes again come next Mid-autumn Festival !

No comments: