Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas 2010

When I was young, Christmas used to be fun with family party in my cousin's house. My cousin will prepare her best cream puffs, sambal prawn sandwiches & the hard nyonya jelly besides the fried beehoon. We will all gathered round to wait for Santa & his Carols to come . They normally arrived between 10pm to 11pm , singing and giving out sweets. After that we would have our own fun till midnight .

For many years, I have not had such Christmas after I left home . Work, marriage .....and Christmas family party had been history .

There was once many years later, when my kids were young , and we were back in hometown for Christmas. It was on a Christmas eve, we prepared presents & placed them under the pine tree in the garden. After dinner, we had an outdoor Christmas, busy opening presents. 

This year , stepmom's passing away made some changes to our first Christmas without her. A simple family gathering was held in my house . Partly it was because of the arrival of the first great grandson in the family .
So, we shared a wonderful Christmas dinner .



Family joy shared with our departed ones not forgotten too .

No comments: