Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Deepavali eve 2011

Tomorrow is Deepavali.

This afternoon, I found that I still have more than half a packet of atta flour , and that gave me an idea of try making chapati for dinner !

I have not checked recipes, but just mix the atta flour with water to get a dough. Then I left it in container covered with wet cloth, for a few hours.

I soaked some dhall / lentils too.

After few hours, I knead & roll out the dough , before frying it on a flat ironcast pan.


The chapati did came out like chapati ....... not sure about the taste , though.
Then boiedl some dhall with carrot and potatoes, with pinch of curry powder.

I like colourful meal, and we surely need some green vegetables, so add in a plate of stir-fried sawi.

Meals seems  not complete without hot spicy curry ! Lucky that I managed to buy some chicken curry .


So, we had chapati for dinner , on a Deepavali eve !

No comments: